Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Note! Access to RefWorks will end 31.12.2021. Current users are encouraged to transfer references from RefWorks to e.g. Zotero or Mendeley. See migration instructions for Zotero and Mendeley.
Referencing previous research and theories is pivotal to academic writing. Though sometimes, keeping track on your all references can feel more like a necessary evil. Do the in-text citations and reference list match each other? Are all punctuation marks in their right places? We've all been there... Try a reference manager! With a reference manager on your side even the most mischievous references won't pose a threat anymore. The managers will help you produce tidy and correct citations and reference lists.
This guide will show how to use two of the most popular reference managers: RefWorks and Mendeley.
With RefWorks and Mendeley you can
- Save, comment and annotate your references
- Work on different computers as references are stored online
- Cite references swiftly with a few clicks
- Automatically generate perfect reference lists
- Choose between hundreds of reference systems (e.g. Harvard) or edit any of the default systems
- Share your references with your fellow students and colleagues