Gå till huvudinnehållet
Det verkar som att du använder Internet Explorer 11 eller en äldre version. Den här webbplatsen fungerar bäst med moderna webbläsare som de senaste versionerna av Chrome, Firefox, Safari och Edge. Om du fortsätter med den här webbläsaren kan du få oväntad
You have access to a wide variety of e-books through the library. As the distribution of e-books is maintained by different platforms, how one gains access varies accordingly.
- Most e-books can be read in a web browser.
- Some require that you download or borrow them first.
- Before you borrow an e-book you'll need to install an app.
- Most e-books can be accessed and read by multiple users at the same time, but a small amount are limited to either one or three simultaneous users.
How to borrow an e-book
- Install Adobe Digitals Editions (pc/mac) or Bluefire Reader (Andoid/iOS).
Adobe Digital Editions is also available for Android/iOS, but functions properly only with Elib. (Android users can also try Aldiko Ebook Reader.)
- Create a free Adobe-ID – including users of Bluefire Reader/Aldiko – and authorize your computer or mobile device before you borrow your first e-book.
Some e-book vendors (e.g. Ebook Central) require that you create a free user account at the platform site as well.
- The e-book will be available as a pdf or epub file (sometimes you are offered both) and you need aforementioned apps to read it.
The advantage of epub files are their adaptability, mainly that you can alter the font size. Still, some prefer pdf files as they often retain the look and layout of a "real" book.
Annotations in Adobe Digital Edtions – and how get them back
You can make all sorts of annotations in Adobe Digital Editions: notes, bookmarks and highlights.
Your annotations disappear when the book's loan period expires – until you borrow the book again. The annotations don't, however, reappear automatically. How to retreive your annotations:
- Borrow the book again.
Download the borrowed book and open it Adobe Digital Editions and close the app.
- Go to the folder Annotations.
On a ÅAU computer, the path should be \\pchome[1/2].abo.fi\pchome[1/2]\[username]\My Digital Editions\Annotations.
- Replace the newly created annotation file with the old annotation file.
An annotation file has the format annot and is usually named according to the title or ISBN of the book, e.g Hamlet.pdf.annot. When you borrow the same book again, another file will be created: Hamlet-1.pdf.annot. Deleted this newly created file and rename the old file with that name (i.e. add -1) . Now your old annotations will be connected to your current e-book loan.