Using Urkund for checking plagiarism at ÅAU
If the supervisor needs help with Urkund, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
(Link to user manuals for Urkund.)
- The supervisor needs a user account for Urkund - if you do not have that, please order it from email@example.com
- The students send their thesis by e-mail, as an attached file, to your analysis address in Urkund (your analysis address is, most likely: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Urkund compares the text with various sources (the Internet, Urkund's archive and publishing partners)
- The analysis usually takes 24 h maximum.
- The supervisor receives an e-mail from Urkund, containing a link to the analysis AND a link to the thesis in Urkund
- The supervisor goes through the analysis
- If copies of text sections are discovered, the supervisor should more closely compare the submitted section with the hit found by the system. All copies are not necessarily plagiarism, but can be part of a correct citation.
- The supervisor can also forward the analysis to a colleague.
- The supervisor decides that the thesis has passed plagiarism control
Next step: The supervisor informs the student that the thesis has passed plagiarism control and sends the thesis for language revision and examination by subject examiner
Failed plagiarism check:
If the supervisor suspects plagiarism, see procedures for handling allegations of misconduct in research.