Because the examination process becomes electronic and master's theses are published in electronic form only, this means that
- students no longer need to print and bind physical copies of their master's theses
- the examination process is accelerated as the theses are electronically forwarded
- access to published master's theses is improved
The Electronic Master's Thesis Process means submitting one's master's thesis, which has passed language response, to Ouriginal (previously Urkund) for plagiarism check. After the submission, if the thesis successfully passes the plagiarism check, the supervisor forwards it for thesis evaluation.
Simultaneously, the student shall fill out a form for electronic publication.When the Faculty office has received the thesis evaluators' statements, the thesis is assessed by the Dean. Finally, the thesis is published by Åbo Akademi University Library.
NB! After the thesis has proceeded to plagiarism check, the examination process is initiated and the supervising process is concluded, thus, changes to the contents of the thesis are no longer possible (given the thesis does not fail any of the examinations or checks mentioned above).
The role of the supervisor is of great importance as
1) he/she shall provide correct information to the student for the plagiarism check and the electronic publication of the thesis, and
2) after the thesis has passed the plagiarism checks, he/she shall send the Urkund address to the correct receiver for subject evaluation.
Questions regarding the thesis process or feedback on the process or the instructions: email@example.com.
Questions about the PDF/A format, the form for electronic publishing and the electronic publishing itself: firstname.lastname@example.org